Salary £8.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply
Apply on www.myukjobs.co.uk
Receptionist - Welfare Benefits Information Centre
Reference no: Preston 41059
[temporary, but potentially long term role – see below]
- Where this vacancy is based:
- What’s involved with this role:
To receive users of the Centre, identify the advice/information required and refer to the appropriate Information Officer/Debt Adviser
Book appropriate appointments in the diary system for clients, both face to face and over the telephone
To provide clerical support for the staff of the Information Centre
To answer telephone calls, provide information and sign posting as required
To collate, record and input accurate statistical information in relation to users of the centre
To restock and order all leaflets/materials for display purposes within the centre
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any CRB details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should also state that you are available to start work immediately OR at short notice.
- We cannot use information in covering letters, so your CV must work as a standalone document
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience assisting people both face to face and by telephone in a busy reception area/frontline service, preferably within a similar role and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Understanding and sympathetic manner + good communication skills absolutely essential
- Ability to understand, collate and input statistical information
- Microsoft Office skills
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Knowledge of Social Security Welfare Benefits and/or Debt Advice
- Any local authority experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Welfare Benefits Information Centre/ Secretarial & Administration
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are designated temporary, though in practice we find that the vast majority of them get extended on a multiple/long term basis. This one is expected to be for 2-3 months, initially.
- Hours per week: 35-37 (tbc) Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
*If you wish to send a CV through to us that has been modified for this particular role then, as an alternative to applying on line, you may email it straight through to:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Triumph Consultants Limited