Location London E
Salary £7.00 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply
Apply on www.myukjobs.co.uk
P/T Cook x2 - Catering & Hospitality [Enhanced CRB required]
Reference no: Waltham Forest 40957
[temporary, but potentially long term role – see below]
- Where this vacancy is based:
- What’s involved with this role:
To provide home cooked, nutritious food (as well as Ethnic Diets) within appropriate timescales; undertake stock control & to organise the work load of other kitchen staff; cook a variety of multi-cultural foods & to prepare & serve snacks & drinks as required.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any CRB details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should also state that you are available to start work immediately OR at short notice.
- We cannot use information in covering letters, so your CV must work as a standalone document
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- City & Guilds 706/1 or 2 or other catering qualification & minimum 12 months recent catering experience of preparing meals for a substantial number of people (i.e.; no less than 12) + current food safety certificate level 2
- CRB check in place [Disclosure no. & Issue date required]
- Current Food Hygiene Certificate
- Awareness of Safer Food Better Business legislation
- Proven experience as a Cook in a non-domestic setting.
- Experience of supervising others in a catering environment.
- Ability to undertake budget control and maintain stock levels
- Able to plan methodically and cope with several tasks at once.
- Basic literacy & numeracy skills.
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Catering & Hospitality
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are designated temporary, though in practice we find that the vast majority of them get extended on a multiple/long term basis. This one is expected to be for 2+ months, initially.
- Hours per week: 14 hpw Cover mainly weekends 08:00 – 16:00
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
*If you wish to send a CV through to us that has been modified for this particular role then, as an alternative to applying on line, you may email it straight through to:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Triumph Consultants Limited