Salary Refuse Driver x3 - General Industrial Reference no: Halton 41046 [temporary, but potentially long t
Apply on www.myukjobs.co.uk
Refuse Driver x3 - General Industrial
Reference no: Halton 41046
[temporary, but potentially long term role – see below]
- Where this vacancy is based:
- What’s involved with this role:
To work as part of a refuse collection/recycling crew responsible for collecting bins or recycling boxes on one or more specific collection rounds. Main Activities:
- To undertake Refuse/Recycling collection tasks in accordance with the Cleansing Services contract and the ancillary agreement.
- To act in accordance with the Council’s health and safety policy to take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work activity.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any CRB details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should also state that you are available to start work immediately OR at short notice.
- We cannot use information in covering letters, so your CV must work as a standalone document
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- Previous Refuse/Recycling collection experience
- Driving Licence to include Category C. To be checked with DVLA
- Knowledge of and adherence to correct manual handling techniques and thereby able to identify and undertake the most appropriate lifting and handling techniques for any task.
- Ability to lift up to 25kg in weight and to undertake the continual, lifting, pulling and pushing of wheeled bins and recycling boxes in all weather conditions.
- Must be prepared to work weekends and bank holidays as required
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Environmental Services/waste Services
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are designated temporary, though in practice we find that the vast majority of them get extended on a multiple/long term basis. This one is expected to be for 4 weeks initially.
- Hours per week: 35-37 (tbc) Monday – Friday, 06:45 – 14:30
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
*If you wish to send a CV through to us that has been modified for this particular role then, as an alternative to applying on line, you may email it straight through to:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Triumph Consultants Limited