Location Leamington Spa
Salary £17.50 ph PAYE, noting that Ltd/Umbrella company rates may also apply
Apply on www.myukjobs.co.uk
Senior Planner - Development Services
Reference no: Warwick 520584
[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
- Where this vacancy is based:
- What’s involved with this role:
To assess, negotiate and recommend decisions on all types of planning applications in accordance with Council policy, Government policy and legislation, and local circumstances, in order to ensure that we deliver good development.
- To validate and assess applications against Council policy, Government policy and legislation, and local circumstances.
- To undertake site inspections to assess the scale and impact of proposals on the local environment.
- To negotiate and discuss with applicants/agents to secure amendments in order to deliver good development.
- To prepare reports and recommendations for the Development Manager or Planning Committee as appropriate, including conditions to attach to any grant of permission or reasons for refusal. To attend meetings of Planning Committee or site inspections by the Committee, and to provide information and advice to assist in reaching their decision.
- To provide information and advice on Development Control matters in response to queries by the general public and professionals involved in planning/development.
- To negotiate and advise prospective applicants on their development proposals in order to advise on relevant constraints and policy issues that would affect the form of application made and/or the Council’s response.
N.B. – If, when replying, you fail to quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. your application will be AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
- Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Please make sure that your CV is up to date and explains any gaps in employment.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, including any CRB details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should also state that you are available to start work immediately OR at short notice.
- WE CANNOT USE INFORMATION IN COVERING LETTERS, SO YOUR CV MUST WORK AS A STANDALONE DOCUMENT
- We recommend that you consider sending us (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, listing somewhere near the top of your CV any key skills, experience and qualifications that relate specifically to this vacancy.
- “Essentials” – The following requirements must be highlighted on your CV itself and NOT in a covering letter:
- UK working experience
- Availability to work – CV should state either immediate or at short notice
- A graduate or of graduate calibre
- Relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of 12 months recent senior planning experience in a local government context
- Knowledge of Town & Country Planning Legislation
- Microsoft Office skills
- Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Project Management experience
- Experience of dealing with planning within historic towns and buildings with architectural details
- An understanding of agricultural/rural issues and countryside planning
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- Any local authority experience
- Client: Public sector organisation
- Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Development Services/Planning
- Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are designated temporary, though in practice we find that the vast majority of them get extended on a multiple/long term basis. This one is expected to be for 8-9 months, initially.
- Hours per week: 35-37 (tbc) Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Please do not contact us requesting progress updates.
We read every CV sent to us, but due to high volumes are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications, particularly where CVs do not address the “essentials” requested. You will, however, always hear from us by email if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Please note that we check all ads at least once per day to ensure that the underlying roles remain live.
*If you wish to send a CV through to us that has been modified for this particular role then, as an alternative to applying on line, you may email it straight through to:
…….but you must always remember to quote the reference number for the job in question, without which we will be unable to match your CV to the vacancy, given the number of applications that we receive each day. Please do note, however, that if the vacancy is no longer showing on the site it will no longer be live and you won’t necessarily get a reply from us if that is the case.
Triumph Consultants Limited